Introduction to UML
Introduction to Enterprise Architect (EA)
- Brief introduction covering what the UML is including diagram types and very brief history
- Framework 4+1 view detailing diagrams to be used during a typical system development lifecycle.
- What is EA
- A look at the object browser and how models are structured using views and packages
Business Data Modelling
- Diagramming techniques
- EA Options menu
- EA Settings menu
- How to search the model
- Focus is on getting new users to a point where they are familiar with how to use the tool and where to find certain features; also trying to instill best practice early on such as using package diagrams to structure views and reuse of elements in the model.
- The objectives of Business Data Modelling
- The structure of Business Data Models
- Data Entities, Attributes and Relationships
Data Access Modelling (optional)
- The difference between a logical (conceptual) data model and a physical data model
- How a data model can be created in EA
- Database forward engineering (DDL creation)
- Database reverse engineering (schema model creation
- How to model data access with UML
- Common data access patterns
Practical examples will be used throughout the day.
Users should be familiar with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect.