What will I learn?
The course covers an overview of the Systems Engineering process, how UML and SysML differ, the complete SysML modelling notation and how to use SysML with EA.
- An introduction and overview of how the course is structured and assessed, and what resources are needed for successful completion of the course.
- An overview of SysML and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- An introduction to the Case Study that will be used throughout the course for both illustrating SysML in action and to provide you with hands-on experience using Enterprise Architect to create and manage SysML models
Capturing, Organising and Modelling Requirements
- What are Requirements in SysML and how they are represented
- Relationships between Requirements
- Relationships between Requirements and other SysML elements
Modelling Functional Capabilities
- The importance of functional capabilities
- Representation of functional capabilities using Use Cases and Actors
- Relationship between Actors and Use Cases
- Relationships between Use Cases
- Textual scenarios for Use Cases
- The importance of traceability to Requirements
- The importance of “Black Box” Structural Design
- Representation of Black Box Structural Design using Blocks and Ports and Block Definition Diagrams
- Relationship between Blocks
- Modelling Units, QuantityKinds (dimensions) and ValueTypes
- Describing Blocks using Properties
- Modelling behavior of Blocks using Operations and Receptions
- The importance of “White Box” Structural Design and how it integrates with “White Box” Structural Design
- Modelling Inter Block Communication using Internal Block Diagrams
- Modelling Block Part Communication within a single Block using Internal Block Definition Diagrams
- Role and purpose of Interaction Modelling
- Modelling Interactions using Lifelines, Fragments and Sequence Diagrams
- Modelling complex interactions by using Interaction Occurrences
Modelling Process Flow
- Role and purpose of Process Flow Modelling
- Modelling Process Flow and Data Flow using Activity Diagrams
- When to use Activities and when to use Actions
- Allocating Processes to Blocks by using Allocate Activity Partitions
Modelling Event Driven Behaviour
- Role and purpose of Event Driven Behavior Modelling
- Modelling Event Driven Process Flow using State Machine Diagrams
- The role and use of Parametrics
- Modelling parametric constraints using Constraint Blocks
- Modelling mathematical transformations using Constraint Blocks, Parameters and Parametric Diagrams
- Evaluating design alternatives (Trade Studies) using Measures of Effectiveness, Block Definition Diagrams and Parametric Diagrams
How do I sign up for online training courses and what will it cost?
If you would like to sign up for this online SysML training course, or, any of our other online training courses then all you need to do is contact the training team.
The price for our online training services is on a per user, per course basis. Please visit our online training page & use the price calculator to get a quote on price for your eLearning subscription.