What will I learn on this UML training course?
The UML Essentials training course is a fast-paced mixture of hands-on UML
modelling exercises and lecture. The UML Essentials training course is designed to give participants a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of building UML models - developing and analyzing UML diagrams as well as learning to use UML to maximize communication.
Our consultant will walk you through the process of building diagrams with UML
, starting with samples that you build and moving into modelling your specific domain.
While the UML Essentials training course is not process-specific, it includes examples of how the UML diagrams
are used with different processes. The UML Essentials training course consists mostly of pencil-and-paper sessions which will complement the visual-aided lecture and enable delegates to apply the skills being taught.
UML Essentials; Course Content
Background of the Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Includes a brief history of UML important background information
- Overview of general UML diagram elements
General UML Diagram Concepts
- Conventions that apply across all UML diagrams
- Different kinds of relationships
- Organizing elements into packages
- How to draw the Use Case diagram
- Identification of use cases and actors
- Discussion on application within iterative development methodologies
- Specification of Use Cases (Basic Flow, Alternate Flows, Exception Flows) using text
- Common issues and their solutions
Object and class diagrams
- Learn how to create effective UML class diagrams which represent the business domain
- Understand how class and object diagrams provide valuable feedback about the structure of the software
- Find out when to use the UML object diagram
- Understand the Sequence diagram
- Comprehend the importance of the diagram
UML Statechart Diagrams
- Understand when and why it is important to model the states of objects
Implementation Models: Component Diagrams & Deployment diagrams
- Comprehending the implementation model
- Find the answer: why is it important to model the deployment?
UML Activity diagrams
- Understand the difference between Activity and State diagrams
- Learn about the components of the Activity diagram
Prerequisites for the UML Training Course
Some experience in software development
If you require a quote for onsite training please contact us
UML Modelling Tools
Dunstan Thomas are able to offer support services, including training & consulting, on the following UML Modelling Tools:
This course is delivered by Dunstan Thomas' OMG Certified UML Professionals
You can learn more about UML by reading our What is UML?