Who should attend?
Software Designers, Solution Architects, Developers
This course is hands-on with practical exercises throughout. We provide you with individual PC’s so that you are able to work alone. Class sizes are kept small so that you will receive personal attention. You will take away extensive printed course material, which will be of on going use to you in your work.
- UML and the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Typical stages and tasks for the SDLC
- UML diagrams applicable during these stages
- Use of Frameworks for the SDLC
- Requirements Modelling
- Diagrammatic representation of requirements
- Structuring requirements using UML relationships
- Scoping the Project
- Modelling a global system foundation using Use Case Diagrams
- Best practices when using Use Case Diagrams
- Modelling the System Processes
- Modelling system processes using Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and State Machine Diagrams
- Best practices for Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and State Machine Diagrams
- Modelling the System Architecture
- Modelling System Architecture and Interfaces using Component Diagrams
- Best practices for Component Diagrams
- Modelling the Logical Design
- Modelling and structuring the logical design using Class Diagrams, Object Diagrams and Package Diagrams
- Best practices for Class Diagrams, Object Diagrams and Package Diagrams
- Modelling the Implementation
- Implementation modelling using Sequence Diagrams to define interfaces and operations
- Best practices using UML Design patterns
- Deployment of the System
- Modelling system deployment and the variations of deployable software using Deployment Diagrams
- Best practices for Deployment Diagrams
Working knowledge of UML.
If you require a quote for onsite training please contact us.