Fresh Model Versioning for Enterprise Architect
- In Enterprise Architect, before working with versioning, the model must be locked on the package level before it can be edited. LemonTree is more flexible and offers other ways to handle the targeted merging of changes. Using the approach of “optimistic versioning”, LemonTree allows parallel editing of models by a team of developers, which are then subsequent merged. All changes are presented to the user in an intuitive, easy-to-understand fashion, whereby the user can decide which changes are relevant for display.
- The impact analysis shows changes in elements and their dependencies in advance in order to clearly see the relationships in the model. Before the automatic merging of the versions can be started, the user is presented with a preview of how the model will look after the merging process.
- LemonTree includes a native option to integrate with version-control systems (VCS) such as SVN, Git or MKS/PTC, which is also why all of the features offered by popular clients (e.g. Tortoise) can be used for the models. (You can experience these features for yourself using SVN with the test version.)
- Last, but not least, comparing versions is much faster than in Enterprise Architect.
- LemonTree is for companies that work on development projects with Enterprise Architect in distributed teams.
- With this tool, any team member can see right away who has edited an element in a model, and when changes were made.
- It enables the development of multiple parallel branches of a systems in order to target and merge individual model features.
- It makes it easier to work with safety standards.
- It allows models to have the same lifecycle as other artifacts (e.g. software) which can now be stored and versioned parallel to the source code.
- 64bit Windows 7, 8 oder 10
- VC2010 SP1 x64 + VC2012.4 x64
- Min. 8GB RAM, though we suggest 16GB if merging larger models
- Tortoise SVN 1.8 is required for SVN integration
Preh Customer Success Story
The rapidly-growing automotive supplier Preh Car Connect GmbH is re-establishing its software development on the Product Family Engineering methodology. Preh engineers, already longtime Enterprise Architect users, were recently introduced to LemonTree from LieberLieber.
Petwalk Customer Success Story
Petwalk, the Austrian specialist for automatic dog and cat doors, is on an expansion course.
In order to meet the strict safety regulations required for access to the American market, the company sought the support of LieberLieber.
Hirschmann Customer Success Story
Hirschmann Car Communication is a leading German supplier of transmitter and receiver systems. The company has long based its systems development on Enterprise Architect.
Hilti Customer Success Story
Following exhaustive tests, the renowned construction industry supplier Hilti decided on LieberLieber’s uml2code Code Generator for Embedded Systems for Enterprise Architect.
30-Day Trial Version
Would you like to try LemonTree today? Request the trial version!
Contact the DT Consulting team!