Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) and SharePoint 2010
Being connected, both internally and externally, is critical for any business. Open communication and knowledge sharing are the mark of successfully connected organisations.
A large number of businesses suffer from information being trapped and inaccessible. They may find that information is held in disparate, disconnected divisions and systems with individuals acting as the channels between them. Many businesses exchange information via e-mail with the mail system being the only repository for this potentially critical content or knowledge.
SharePoint has been designed to provide a platform which acts as a hub to bring information, people and processes together. SharePoint organises this around people and the way they work. SharePoint 2010 now provides the ability to create multiple websites for external collaboration.
SharePoint 2010 features:
- SharePoint 2010 Sites provides a single infrastructure for all your business websites. Share documents with colleagues, manage projects with partners, and publish information to customers.
- SharePoint 2010 Communities delivers great collaboration tools—and a single platform to manage them. Make it easy for people to share ideas and work together the way they want.
- SharePoint 2010 Composites offers tools and components for creating do-it-yourself business solutions. Build no-code solutions to rapidly respond to business needs.
- SharePoint 2010 Content makes content management easy. Set up compliance measures ”behind the scenes”—with features like document types, retention polices, and automatic content sorting—and then let people work naturally in Microsoft Office.
- SharePoint 2010 Insights gives everyone access to the information in databases, reports, and business applications. Help people locate the information they need to make good decisions.
- SharePoint 2010 Search cuts through the clutter. A unique combination of relevance, refinement, and social cues helps people find the information and contacts they need to get their jobs done.
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server Specialists
Dunstan Thomas are specialists in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server and SharePoint 2010. We have developed collaboration platforms, websites and SharePoint applications for our clients and internal IT and Software Development processes. Out technical team are accredited Microsoft SharePoint 2010 developers. Dunstan Thomas also provide consulting services for businesses wishing to upgrade their collaboration infrastructure from MOSS to SharePoint 2010.
Contact Dunstan Thomas or call 02392 822254 to learn how we can help you with SharePoint.