Systems Development Lifecycle Tools support every stage of the software development lifecycle from requirements capture through to automated testing and project management controls. Implementing tools is a critical step towards controlled, manageable and auditable processes across Requirements Management, Change Management and Source Control, Testing and Model Driven Development. Integrating these products and processes is the critical step towards full automation and efficiency leading to maturity in the development cycle. This provides enhanced benefits beyond that of breaking down the existing silos. Integrated Systems Development Lifecylce solutions provide traceability, automated processes, repeatability and consistent reporting across the development cycle that can improve quality, productivity and decision making as well as compliance. The end result enables you to build better software and systems and remain competitive and innovative in a challenging market.
To understand where you are in your Systems Development Lifecycle maturity, take the Software Process Review which provides comparisons with industry benchmarks, improvement strategy recommendations and highlights return on investment.
Dunstan Thomas has extensive experience tool integrations. Examples of our portfolio are:
- Integration of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Implementation of Agile SCRUM with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and TFS
- Integration of Enterprise Tester with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
- Integration of the Borland Silk Suite with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
- Integration between a Use Case Editor and Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect (EA)
- Integration between a Use Case Editor and Borland Caliber RM
- Integration of Model Driven Development in C# with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
It is inevitable that businesses will replace legacy Systems Development Lifecycle tools with newer systems more suited to their processes and objectives. Dunstan Thomas help our customers to migrate across platforms. Examples include:
- Migration from Borland Starteam to Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Migration from Visual Source Safe to Team Foundation Server
- Migration from Borland Together to Enterprise Architect
- Migration from Subversion to Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Migration from Subversion to Borland Starteam
- Migration from Borland SilkTest to Team Foundation Server
It is not necessarily a trivial task to upgrade from a mature implementation of one version of a tool to a later version. Dunstan Thomas have experience in upgrading the following products:
- Team Foundation Server 2008 upgrades to TFS 2010
- Upgrading Borland Starteam (version 5 and above)
- Upgrading Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) to SharePoint 2010
Phone +44 (0) 23 9282 2254 or contact us to learn how Dunstan Thomas can help you improve your Systems Development Lifecycle maturity.