Borland Caliber / Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Integration Add-In
Borland Caliber and Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Integration
These tools are excellent in their own specific area, but a much needed facility by organisations is the ability to maintain traceability between the system model solutions and the system requirements.
Dunstan Thomas Consulting has developed an Enterprise Architect add-in acting as a bridge that allows requirements to be managed in Borland Caliber and then imported directly into Enterprise Architect for traceability and reporting purposes.
Borland Caliber and Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Integration add-in Features
The Borland Caliber and Enterprise Architect Add-In has been developed using Enterprise Architect Add-In and MDG Add-In technologies.
A selected package (or view) within the Enterprise Architect project is connected to a specific requirements baseline, within a specific Borland Caliber project, on a particular Borland Caliber server.
Borland Caliber Requirements can be imported into Enterprise Architect maintaining their same order and tree structure as specified in the associated Borland Caliber project. The Borland Caliber Requirement Type is replicated in Enterprise Architect by modelling each Caliber Requirement Type as a Package, thereby attaining the same “look-and-feel” in both products.
Once an initial import has been performed, subsequent imports will synchronise the Requirements according to the following criteria:
- Requirements added to Borland Caliber but not in the Enterprise Architect project
- These are added as new requirements in their correct place within the Requirements hierarchy
- Requirements whose attributes have changed (they are in both Borland Caliber and Enterprise Architect)
- These are overwritten with the latest versions from Borland Caliber
- Requirements deleted from Borland Caliber but still exist in Enterprise Architect
- These are moved to a dedicated View named Requirements Re-cycle Bin for further action by the modeller
Borland Caliber and Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Add-In Installation
The Enterprise Architect Add-In is available in a self-installer file for easy installation on client machines and will not need any changes or modifications to the Borland Caliber server.
Borland Caliber and Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Add-In Prices
The Add-In is priced at £200 per user and is available from Dunstan Thomas Consulting. Dunstan Thomas can also provide services for Enterprise Architect consulting and training and Borland Caliber consulting and training.
For more information or to purchase the add-in contact our Borland Caliber and Enterprise Architect Add-In sales team.
- End User Licence Agreement
- CaliberRM/Enterprise Architect Integration Add-in Demonstration