Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
About Sparx Systems
Sparx Systems specializes in high performance and scalable visual modelling tools for the planning, design and construction of software intensive systems. With customers in industries ranging from aerospace and automotive engineering to finance, defence, government, entertainment and telecommunications, Sparx Systems is a leading vendor of innovative solutions based on the Unified Modelling Language (UML) and its related specifications. A Contributing Member of the Object Management Group (OMG), Sparx Systems is committed to realizing the potential of model-driven development based on open standards. The company’s flagship product, Enterprise Architect, has received numerous accolades since its commercial release in August, 2000. Enterprise Architect is the design tool of choice for 580,000 registered users world-wide.
|Compare Editions||EA 15 User Guide||Download Trial||Sparx Webinars|
Enterprise Architect 15
EA 15 brings many new enhancements & technologies for distributed agile modeling & design, cloud-based project management, integrated simulation as well as software & database engineering.
Custom drawing styles let you choose how to represent design elements with custom shapes, transparencies, colors and images. Unleash your creativity and build the visual representations your customers are familiar with.
Model Based Add-ins
- Add-ins are defined in the model using standard modeling techniques
- Add-ins can:
- Access all Repository based behavior
- Respond to repository events (signals)
- Set up and use property lists
- Call SBPI based API’s
Publish Your Add-ins!
Dynamic add-ins can be published as XMI and re-used in different models, giving the flexibility to:
- Publish a range of dynamic add-ins using the Reusable Asset Service (RAS)
- Develop a version of an add-in in a test repository and when ready, import it into the production model using XMI
User interface and technology sets based on security group
The Perspectives capability has been streamlined and linked into Enterprise Architect’s security and governance to provide a richer and more useful modeling experience for both small teams and large enterprises.
“Do you need expert services to guide your adoption of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect?”
|Enterprise Architect Consulting Services|
This latest version of Enterprise Architect provides a host of new tools:
Diagram Matrix View
- This connector focused view provides a view of how elements on the current diagram are related
- Provides a relationship matrix view for the elements that appear on a diagram
- Drawn in a style similar to the state table view
- Uses existing quicklinker rules to determine which connectors can be created
- Includes the option to limit the display to those elements that have relationships defined
Drag & Drop Document Generation
- Drag and drop from the project browser onto an opened Document Artifact for quick & easy document generation
- Select a suitable template in a pop-up dialog
- Enterprise Architect will render the selected element(s) into the open document using the template or fragment chosen
- Instantly update the document at the click of a button
Note: This feature is available for packages, diagrams, operations and attributes.
The Data Miner provides a comprehensive means of abstracting data from a range of external data sources including: databases (ODBC, ADO, OLEDB, JET), text files (XML, JSON, plain text), Excel (XLS, CSV), and online files or URLs.
Source Code Roundtrip
The built-in source code editor lets you quickly navigate from model directly to source code in the same environment. Code generation templates let you customize generated source code according to your company specifications.
Enterprise Architect supports generation and reverse engineering of source code for many popular languages, including:
“Do you need a quote for Enterprise Architect licenses?”
|Contact the Sales Team|
Enterprise Architect’s built-in Data Modeling tools and profiles extend UML to provide an intuitive mapping from the database concepts of tables and relationships onto the UML concepts of classes and associations. These extensions also enable you to model database keys, triggers, constraints, RI and other relational database features.
Enterprise Architect supports modeling of database schema and automatic generation of DDL scripts for eleven DBMS targets out-of-the-box:
- MS Access
- MS SQL Server
Integrating many high-end features for Systems Engineers, the Ultimate and Unified editions of Enterprise Architect provide built-in support for:
- SysML 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
- Parametric model simulation
- Executable code generation
- Model to code transformations for Hardware Description Languages and ADA 2005
Business Process Modelling
There are many approaches to Business Process Modeling (BPM) using UML as the base modeling language.
In particular, Activity diagrams, Object Diagrams and custom Profiles provide powerful modeling approaches for Business Analysts.
Enterprise Architect complements UML 2.5 with BPMN support and extension elements for analysis, requirements management and process management (such as change, feature and issue elements).
Enterprise Architect’s Business Process Modeling capabilities let you:
- Visualize business process with a UML profile for BPMN
- Generate executable BPEL scripts from BPMN models
- Validate the correctness of BPMN models
Dunstan Thomas Consulting have been Sparx Systems Global Enterprise Architect (EA) training and solution partners for the past 13 years and over that time have been instrumental in delivering solutions to a variety of industries. Our clients range from Waitrose and John Lewis Partnership in retail, Vodafone and EE in the Telecoms space, GE Aviation & EADS Astrium in the aviation sector, Allianz and Deutsche Bank in the financial sector and Transport for London, and The Intellectual Property Office in the public sector.
|EA Training||EA Workshops||EA Consulting||Add-ins for EA||EA Video Tips|